Root your HTC Desire S
Easily root your HTC Desire S cell phone using the instructions below!
HTC Desire S Rooting
Before we get started
- Technical knowledge helps this process
- Install the Android SDK on your computer
- Enable ‘Debug USB’ mode on your phone
- Connect phone to PC via ‘Charge Only’ mode
Phone Unlocking Software Needed
This rooting process is pretty simple. All we’ve got to do is get what’s called temporary root. After we get temp root, we can then obtain a permanent root for your Android HTC Desire S.
Open a command prompt window on your computer by clicking on your Windows Start Button, then clicking Run, then entering:
Commands you’ll need to run on your computer’s command prompt window:
adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
adb shell (you'll get a $ prompt)
/data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start FAA90000 -end FFFFFFFF (you should be kicked off adb shell and get back to your command prompt)
adb shell (you should get a # prompt now)
- Afterwards, do NOT disconnect or turn your phone off, as this can interrupt the process and damage your phone. Now that you have temporary root access you should go ahead and start the Revolutionary rooting software and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Within a short amount of time you will see the new HBOOT has been installed and is now in place. If you are asked whether to install CWM are not you should enter ‘Y’ (Yes) whenever you are asked.
- After this, you should download and install this file using CWM. This file will also install the su binary that you’ll need as well as the Superuser.apk Android application that is used to control root for apps.
That is it! Enjoy your newly rooted phone!!